Patriot Mukmin was born in Tangerang in 1987. He graduated from the Faculty of Art and Design at Institute of Technology Bandung in 2010.
He is expertise in creating an optical illusion art piece. In 2014, Mukmin started to use Indonesia’s historical events as his reference for his work that has been exhibited in several cities such as Bandung, Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Singapore, KL, Melbourne and Seoul.
He received several awards such as first prize Bazaar Art Award 2011 and was one of the finalists in both Bandung Contemporary Art Award 2012 and Indonesia Art Award 2015.
He was also chosen as one of the artists to contribute his commission artworks at Balai Kirti Presidential Museum in Bogor Palace which was launched in October 2014.
- 2019 Empty un empty, Shukaijo building, Fuwari no Mori Artist Residency, Narita, Chiba, Japan.
- 2017 Treachery of Paintings, Art Jakarta 2017 with Lawangwangi Creative Space, Jakarta.
- 2016 Vox Populi, Jeonbuk Museum of Art – Artist Residency exhibition space, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea.
- 2015 KUP: Titik Silang Kuasa ’66 – ’98, Lawangwangi Creative Space, Bandung. Curated by Ganjar Gumilar
- 2013 Seeing is Painting, Galeri Gerilya, Bandung.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Dua Nusa Merombak Batas, Rumah Seni Selangor, Malaysia.
- Lukisan Gapilan, Selasar Sunaryo Art Space, Bandung. Curated by Danuh Tyas and Axel Rizky.
- The Concept of Self: Individuality and Integrity, Galeri Salihara, Jakarta. Curated by Jeong-ok Jeon, Linjie Zhou, and Jongsuwat Angsuvarnsiri.
- XYZ/Art Unltd, Gedung Gas Negara, Bandung. Curated by Asmujo Jono Irianto.
- SSAS/AS/IDEAS, Bale Project in collaboration with 20 artists, in commemoration 20 years of Selasar Sunaryo Art Space (SSAS), Bale Tonggoh, SSAS, Bandung. Curated by Hendro Wiyanto.
- Jogja Biennale XIV: Equator #4, Indonesia meet Brasil, Age of Hope, Jogja National Museum, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Curated by Sigit Pius Kuncoro.
- The Concept of Self: On Power, Identity, and Label, Subhashok The Art Center, Bangkok, Thailand. Curated by Jeong-ok Jeon dan Linjie Zhou.
- Gwanghamun International Art Festival 2017, Sejong Museum, Seoul.
- SEA+ Triennale, Galeri Nasional Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia. Curated by Rizky A. Zaelani and Rikrik Kusmara. A.S.A.P. New contemporary artists from Indonesia, Galeri G13, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Curated by Rifky Effendi.
- Shout! Indonesian Contemporary Art 2015, as part of Mapping Melbourne, Meat Market Stables, Melbourne, Australia. Curated by Santy Saptari.
- Bipolarity to Multipolarity, Langgeng Art Foundation, Yogyakarya. Curated by Rifky Effendi.
- New Future: The 3rd Korea – Indonesia Media Installation Art Exhibition, Art1 Museum and Gallery, Jakarta. Curated by Rifky Effendi and Jeong-ok Jeon.
Artist in Residence
- 2019 Fuwari no Mori International Artist Residency, Narita, Chiba, Japan.
- 2016 Artist in Residence at Jeonbuk Museum of Art, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea.
- 2010 Artists in Residence at North Art Space, Pasar Seni Ancol, Jakarta.